Skip to content

Impartial training and careers advice

Call us: +441983 280 641

What should you know?


Our accommodation prices are for a shared room in a self-catering, simply furnished crew house. Single occupancy is available for a supplement.



Our flight prices apply to return travel outside peak holiday periods. If you want to return close to Christmas or another holiday period, a supplement may apply.

Equipment and publications

All safety equipment and the main items of sports equipment are provided for our courses. We provide most publications free of charge.

Exam fees

The RYA VHF exam fee is included in the price of the course. The RYA Yachtmaster practical exams in the UK, and Austrulia are not included. RYA Coastal, Offshore and Ocean exam fees are paid directly to the RYA.

Professional membership

Joining the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) or Yachting New South Wales is a requirement of some instructor courses.

Travel insurance

You must hold medical insurance when you are away from your home country. Flying Fish candidates can buy travel insurance including medical cover when booking with Flying Fish or at any time up to the date of travel.


The MCA requires you to have a medical to work as professional crew, to obtain commercial endorsement of a Yachtmaster exam and to support a commercial Certificate of Competency. See ENG1/MCA medical exams for more details. Living expenses provided for all live-aboard courses.